15 April 2011

ARThouse Open Studio Event

Today I attended a meeting of the Artists Working Group, for the Open Studio Event that I am participating in in June. It was held in the beautiful Octagon Room in the Orleans House Gallery.

I was delighted to see that my 'Dragonflies Drifted' necklace has been used as one of the images on the promotional postcard.


This year, the event will have over 60 artists and groups who are opening their workspaces / homes / studios, to the public.  The idea of the event is to give people the opportunity to meet the artists behind the art, to have a chat, and to see the many different environments in which local art and crafts are created. There will also be opportunities to purchase work, or perhaps to discuss a unique commissioned piece.

I will be sharing my space with my mum who will have her printmaking on display on the walls.

My home is going to be open Friday 10th June - Sunday 12th June and again the following weekend Friday 17th June - Sunday 19th June. It will be brilliant to see as many of you as possible. Just drop in anytime! It should be great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment