11 July 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award



What a surprise. The lovely Tania at Moonflygirl chose my blog today to receive the Kreativ Blogger Award. (Oh! Bit bright for my blog!)

Tania spends lots of time on the banks of the Thames at low tide. Here she finds shards of ancient pottery and glass, and makes them into beautiful jewellery. You really must look at her blog. I just couldn't resist posting this picture of her work to get you interested.


So the rules of the Kreativ Blogger Award are that I have to link back to the person who awarded me, pass this award on to 7 other blogs that I enjoy reading, and also reveal 7 facts about myself. Actually its a great way to discover and connect with interesting and creative people around the globe. So my seven facts are:

1. I have always loved making, stitching, drawing. It's a necessary part of my life.
2. I run marathons.
3. I have a degree in Fashion and Textiles.
4. I just got a garden studio - hurrah!
5. In my London garden, I grow vegetables and keep chickens.
6. I love being out in the open air, surrounded by the elements.
7. I long for more travel, especially to return to the desert of Rajasthan.

Now listing the blogs has been tricky, I dip in and out of all sorts of blogs, but here are a few that I love to look at:

Hens Teeth Viv paints, stitches, and embroiders, and I lust after her needle cases and bags. 

Abigail Brown Abigail is a textile artist, illustrator and print designer. I just love her amazing birds that she stitches, and when someone left me a little windfall I just had to buy myself one. GORGEOUS!

wild acre Belinda designs and makes jewellery in silver, inspired by the natural landscape around her home. She tries to tread lightly on the world by working with ethical and re-claimed materials whenever she can. She also has the most amazing garden full of flowers, and you cannot fail to be lifted when you see the gorgeous pictures of the flowers she posts.

Stipje Can't understand a word, but I love how it looks!

Julie Whitmore Pottery Hmmnn I know she's already been given this award, but everyone should see Julies pottery and smile.

Holly Wilcox I love to dip in and look at Holly's delicate jewellery.

Nina Bagley Nina is a jewellery designer and mixed media artist. She lives in the mountains and writes from the heart. There is so much to look at and absorb on Nina's blog, and I always leave it feeling calm and serene.

A diverse collection,  a feast for the senses, and an insight into what makes me tick. Enjoy. x 


5 comments:

  1. Hello! You like so many of the same artists I do, and its so kind of you to put my name with them! So happy for your garden studio, you can keep an eye on Mabel and the other feathered gals......
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award! Looks like it was well deserved! Enjoy your blog - I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, I am very flattered to be chosen alongside such stunning artists.
    Congratulations to you for the award, not surprised though as your blog and work are absolutely gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed looking at all the lovely blogs you chose! And I now have garden studio envy :-)
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Charlotte, a stupidly and rudely late thank you for passing on such a lovely award - a feel very honoured you thought of me, and to be thought of as a creative, well nothing could be more pleasing!!

    Here's my confession though, awards sort of clam me up, I get in a total tizzy about who to pass them on to, and worry about leaving some one out - blahhhh - kind of silly and inexplicable, but you'll forgive me, if I am really thankful but don't pass it on as I should? Sorry for being a wet blanket but huge thanks for such a super gesture. Your blog is such a feast for the eyes btw! xx

    ReplyDelete