28 August 2012

Good things happen!

As well as having a great time on holiday, I also had lots of great news. I had left the Blackberry at home, but since I had my i pad with me, I did take a sneeky peek at my e-mails now and again, and I had a whole bundle of exciting e-mails plop in.

Even though I have been making for years, I started my little business about a year ago. I have two young boys, and they take up lots of my time. When boys are at school, or in bed, I draw, and create, and I have been slowly growing the amount of people who are aware of, and happily like my work. So slowly, and manageably, Charlotte Bezzant Jewellery has been growing, and here is what people wrote to me about...

Orleans Gallery asked to take part in an event they are organising. The organisers of Richmond Open Studios are based at the Gallery, and they are all fabulous girls. As well as everyone there being so nice there, the Gallery is based in a gorgeous building. I personally think it's really important to have a local and thriving Arts scene, so I am thrilled they asked me to take part.

I was contacted by someone to design a complete collection for their shop (swoon), based around my Arctic Hares. This is soooooo exciting, and although slightly daunting, I am thrilled as the Hares and new ideas are still swirling round my head anyway. In fact before I went away I had just cut out a hare from 1.5mm sheet, that I was going to use in a necklace for me, using some aquamarine beads I bought recently.

I have been selected to have my own retail space in Richmond for two weeks in October. This is such an amazing opportunity, (as well as a great surprise, there are so many talented makers out there, I applied thinking that I didn't stand a chance!) The shop is right opposite Richmond Station. It is housing six start ups every two weeks, and I will write a separate post on it soon. Boy do I need to get busy making stock!

A fourth piece of good news came today, about something I really wanted to be part of. This one also deserves it's own post, so you'll have to wait a while.

In the meantime, the kids are still off. Jewellery making is still at a bit of a standstill, hence no pictures of work in progress to show you right now. I have lots of commission work still to finish off. If only I could have a whole day in the studio. I think I will have to have a long night in there tomorrow instead!
Goodnight! x

No comments:

Post a Comment