17 December 2013

Snapshots from Sparkle

My poor blog is not up to date what with the madness of the Festive Season and all that. However, this evening, I just have one more ring to finish and then I am done ; closed; on holiday. I'm tidying my house and then enjoying Christmas.

Back in November I took part in Sparkle at the Landmark Arts Centre, Teddington, SW London.


(Look closely and you will see my twig bangle on that huge banner!) This is a really local event for me; just half a mile from the house. It's a gorgeous building, an old Church so really atmospheric. It's well run, and it's nice to be playing to a home crowd - friends and Family always pop along to say hello. I had the loveliest of stall holders as my neighbours, we had lots of fun and laughs and I really enjoyed the weekend.

As always I took a few snaps and here are some of the things that caught my eye...




Fellow www.madebyhandonline.com maker Anya Keeley took part in Sparkle for the first time. She was tucked away in a corner with her quirky creatures and constructions. I hope lots of people found her there.


There were gorgeous and affordable hand screen printed paper goods from  Frances Kiernan and Charlotte Castle. Not a design duo, but their palette worked well together that I had assumed they were.



There were some nice ceramics from Rhian Winslade I loved some of her pretty decorations, had to resist some of her ceramic flower topped drawing pins supplied in teeny jars, but couldn't resist asking her for one of her most beautiful business cards, which is a little work of art in itself as each one is adorned with a ceramic flower.


Next to me were gorgeous hand made, machine knits, that talented Jules Hogan knocks up in her garden studio. The pale blues and greys were right up my street, and early on I fell in love with some stripy 'wrist warmers' - sort of fingerless gloves without even a hint of finger to them, beautifully finished with a perfectly sourced button. I did think her stall may be empty by the end of the weekend, as customers were snapping up her goods, sometimes buying three or four pieces. I am sure she is headed for great things, as I think she was approached to supply a rather lovely gallery while she was there, and one of her scarves is also featured in Country Living Mag this month.

Both Jules and Mr Jules (who some people assumed was knitwear man 'Julian') were lovely people to spend time with, and guess what I received a week or so after Sparkle? Jules had knitted me my very own wrist warmers and sent them as a gift. they have been keeping me snuggly ever since.



3 comments:

  1. My name is Tom cam!!! i am very grateful sharing this great testimonies with you all, The best thing that has ever happened in my life, is how i worn the Powerball lottery. I do believe that someday i will win the Powerball lottery. finally my dreams came through when i contacted Dr. OSE and tell him i needed the lottery winning special numbers cause i have come a long way spending money on ticket just to make sure i win. But i never knew that winning was so easy with the help of Dr. OSE, until the day i meant the spell caster testimony online, which a lot of people has talked about that he is very powerful and has great powers in casting lottery spell, so i decided to give it a try. I emailed Dr. OSE and he did a spell and gave me the winning lottery special numbers 62, and co-incidentally I have be playing this same number for the past 23years without any winning, But believe me when I play the special number 62 this time and the draws were out i was the mega winner because the special 62 matched all five white-ball numbers as well as the Powerball, in the April 4 drawing to win the $70 million jackpot prize...… Dr. OSE, truly you are the best, with Dr. OSE you can will millions of money through lottery. i am a living testimony and so very happy i meant him, and i will forever be grateful to him...… you can Email him for your own winning special lottery numbers now oseremenspelltemple@gmail.com OR WHATSAPP him +2348136482342

    ReplyDelete